Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any need for writers?

Interesting concept I'll need to check this. Infortunatly, most of the "read more" links won't work.

I like this thread... and the template as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Allerion View Post
    Hi guys, just to let you know that my collaborative world-building web-app is going to begin testing on September 1st. I've coded it specifically for this purpose, so you might be interested in checking it out and doing a bit of testing for it. You can find it at TeriYeri.com
    I tried to subscribe a couple of days ago but I'm still waiting for the reply.

Anyway, I am not sure what the others think about this but I'm worried that it is not safe enough for a big project. I heard bad things about wikia and your site is still very new so it's hard to trust.
    By safe I mean that the community should have absolute control with no risk of external interference.

To host on the site is probably a bad idea but the tools it offer are really interesting and it's definitely worth a try.

Hi there, yes thanks for your interest. We open for testing tomorrow, I've got your email address so I will open an account for you.

Just to be clear, my site is not a free for all. We have different user-levels with the starter one being just for fans. Members must actively request to be upgraded to become a world-builder and author, and these requests are moderated. We have a maximum number of world-builders for any world. Furthermore, certain types of objects and events are restricted to certain levels of world-builder. In essence a new world-builder would work their way up through the ranks as they get used to the system and get involved in the community.

This design is based on the copious examples of wikia/mediawiki attempts at collaborative-worldbuilding being hijacked by randoms.

Hope that lays to rest some worries about the new system. Our current testing system only caters for one world, and to be clear it is only for testing at this stage. With positive feedback the project can continue.

I live up in the mountains, down in a cave, way out west.
    Blog Entries

[Throws hat into ring] I wouldn't use the term "loremaster" to describe me, but other folks have I'm happy to contribute characters, concepts, locales, etc. I'm currently have a few personal projects going, as well as my real/day job, so I couldn't devote a ton of time to a new project. But it would be a fun outlet to add fillers here and there as needed.

I'm another writer here, my mapping skills suck, which is probably one of the reasons why I stick to writing. I usually do all my world building and character creation while actually writing, as I don't normally outline until I start my editing process.

Guild Apprentice
    Earth, North American Continent, Southeast USA
    Blog Entries

i'm gonna be using the planets/people, etc that i'm creating for a fanfiction....tons of them (animals, history, religion, language/alphabet, etc)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12