Thread: Building a world, rubbish at maps.

Question Building a world, rubbish at maps.

So ill be honest, this would be my first post here. I am not entirely sure were i should post this, but this seemed like a good place.

So i am currently working on my own homebrew world that i plan to use not only for gaming, but eventually for writing a number of books as well. Problem is i seem to have a problem with getting everything developed without a map.

Its frustrating to say the least. I was hoping if anyone might be willing to take up the challange and if anyone might be able to let me know what the going rates for things like this are. Totally new, so i apologize in advance if this is somehow forward, taboo or just seems silly. Thank you in advance for any information you all might be able to share.

Welcome to the forum!
    However I suggest you try here: General and Miscellaneous Mapping
    or here: Tutorials/How-To
    for starters and also the other sub forums under Mapmaking Discussion & Philosophy (WIP/Critique) or Mapping Resources
    Have fun.

Also there is a forum for commissioning maps here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/mapmaking-requests/

Thank you falconius! I really was not sure, and with work and school i dont have a whole lot of free time. I do want to make this though, and someone said i should try looking here. I will definitely try your suggestions though.