Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilbur Question

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Todd Payne's Avatar

Question Wilbur Question

I'm new to the whole digital mapping thing, and I've been experimenting with Wilbur 1.78 over the last couple of days.

One of my favourite features is the "River Flow" map.

What I'm curious about is whether it is possible to export a plain background river flow map (so it only shows the rivers and none of the height map)? If so, it would come in awfully hand for the map I'm currently working on.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

I am sure that waldronate (the programmer of Wilbur) will be able to answer that try PMing him directly
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll PM him now.

Sending an IM to waldronate won't work. The Hotmail account got hacked and used to spam some folks, so Hotmail blocked the waldronate account and it'll be down for a while, possibly forever. That means that I can't log in to get my password for this site. I find it helpful that Hotmail requires you to log in to change your credentials, but a blocked account can't log in. Their "customer service" also refuses repeated requests for account reset. Ah well. That account had a life of 12 years, far longer that one might expect. It will be trying to recover the software licenses that I stupidly associated with it that will be the hard part.

The short answer for your question is to check the "solid background color" option on the river flow dialog. It may be called something slightly different (I don't have the software here in front of me to check at the moment), but there is a checkbox about solid color on the river flow dialog.

Yea, that sounds like Hotmail. But hopefully you'll be back on your feet soon enough.

I did try checking the solid background colour option, which gave me what I wanted. I just couldn't work out how to export just the river flow map. Everything I tried gave me a full height map.

When you do "Save As", try saving an image type described as "texture" rather than "surface". For example, "PNG Surface" will save the height field, while "PNG Texture" will save the viewed image (which may be the lighted image, a bump map, a normal map, a river flow map, or any of myriad other effects).

Aha! Worked a treat. Thank you!

I'm gonna hijack this thread for my own question, which is very very stupid, but... Here goes:

Where does Wilbur install? I can't find it anywhere...

Edit: Nevermind, I did find it eventually.
    Last edited by Al. I. Cuza; 08-05-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Hey Guys

I have a Question in general for you. I have worked with Wilbur 1.78 and have created several beautyful spherical maps. But I have recently installed the Wilbur 1.83 version. I have a problem now that Wilbur 1.83 won't start If I click on the "Set-Up" Icon again, afther I have Un-Zip the whole file, then I get two options, "Repair Wilbur 1.83" or "Remove Wilbur 1.83". I have clicked "Repair Wilbur 1.83", but the problem stays the same. Does anyone have the same problem?

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Sobierajski View Post
    Hey Guys

I have a Question in general for you. I have worked with Wilbur 1.78 and have created several beautyful spherical maps. But I have recently installed the Wilbur 1.83 version. I have a problem now that Wilbur 1.83 won't start If I click on the "Set-Up" Icon again, afther I have Un-Zip the whole file, then I get two options, "Repair Wilbur 1.83" or "Remove Wilbur 1.83". I have clicked "Repair Wilbur 1.83", but the problem stays the same. Does anyone have the same problem?
    Edit: 64-bit, I don't find even the shortcut of Wilbur anymore...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast