Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ystraad

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Congrats on making Featured Map! It's really a fantastic looking map!
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Guild Applicant

I would LOVE to get my hands on the coastal outline and/or the FCW file for this!

Cheers,
    Daniel
    Last edited by Moniker; 09-04-2008 at 11:49 AM.

I'd be interested to know what you did to the PNG in Photoshop when it left CC3.
    ProFantasy Software Ltd

The export from CC3 was white except for the coastal glow which I beleive was a greenish yellow color. The work in PS was basically aging it; a texture, some darkened edges, and a parchement type color.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohunk View Post
    The export from CC3 was white except for the coastal glow which I beleive was a greenish yellow color. The work in PS was basically aging it; a texture, some darkened edges, and a parchement type color.
    Thanks. I was just seeing the extent to which this appearance could be reproduced in CC3. I think it could be done with a Whole Drawing Filter which includes Texturize (to add the texture), RGB Matrix Process (to age it) and an Inner Glow (to add the edge effect). None of that would be as easy as doing with Photoshop though, I imagine, but if we set up a template with it pre-done it would be easy for maps in the future.

The symbols you used - are they public domain?
    ProFantasy Software Ltd

I am almost positive that the effects could have been done in CC3, and if I were more experienced with some of the effects that CC3 can do I would not have transferred the file over to Elements.

As far as the symbols are concerned I did not copyright them, but I probably would not want to see others profit by them. Why do you ask?

Post Amazed

I am in awe of this map. It is absolutely beautiful.
    I really loved the mountains. There is just enough variety to keep the illusion it was all hand drawn. How many different mountains went into the picture?

That's a really great map, Bo! My only real suggestions are quite nit-picky concerns about the color pallet, do I won't bother you with them here.

Kudos to you!
    Current Project: The Low Countries & Their Periphery, c. 1584

Do you like Renaissance and early modern history? Check out my Facebook page, Renaissance Netherlands with Will Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stoat View Post
    I am in awe of this map. It is absolutely beautiful.
    I really loved the mountains. There is just enough variety to keep the illusion it was all hand drawn. How many different mountains went into the picture?
    Thanks, I think around 10 to 12 different mountains, made with a mouse into symbols for CC3. I recently bought a tablet so I will hand draw all my mountains from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperial View Post
    That's a really great map, Bo! My only real suggestions are quite nit-picky concerns about the color pallet, do I won't bother you with them here.

Kudos to you!
    Thanks Imp. I remember that I wanted a parchement map that seemed to have color in it once but then faded over time. I don't think I achieved that but when I was playing with colors and found these understated shades, I stayed with it.

Post Lovely

That Ystraad map is just lovely. Hard to believe that CC3 made that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123