Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ystraad

Post Ystraad

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...dparchment.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...25/Bereden.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...25/aberech.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. My file is 14 mb so I had to cut it down to size. Obviously I am going for a mercator style. I can't seem to find the correct fonts, it's driving me crazy! I like the regional font though.

This map is not yet completed but I wanted to get some hints off of you before I'm done.
    Last edited by Bohunk; 05-15-2008 at 09:56 AM.

Hi Bohunk! Beautiful map, like RobA, I really like the font too - it would go well with a 'wood cut' or copper etched feel.

Just one comment, usually the the rectangles on the border (I think it's called a 'neatline') are used as subdivisions of the latitude and longitude lines (I think collectively known as a 'graticule'). At the moment your graticule does not match the neatline - presumably this is an easy fix if your graticule is on a seperate layer.

cheers

Ravs

Hi Bohunk,

I really like your map! Did you do this in CC3 with the Mecator style pack from last year's Cartographer's Annual?

Also, what is the name of the font you are using? I know I have that font but I can't remember the name.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Wow, I'm salivating. I have to agree with RobA's comment, but overall... Just beautiful.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. This was from the annual, however I did not keep much. New symbols and used solid white in place of my parchments and touched it up in photoshop after I saved as PNG.

The regional font is EcuyerDAX and smaller font is paquard antique.

Thanks again for the comments and kudos!

Toned down the size of file so I can attach it...

Added some borders, fixed the grid and lake outline. The land that is not bordered has what is considered to be barbarian and I am thinking maybe not putting borders around it for each area. What do you guys think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ystraad parchment low.jpg 
Views:	676 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	3499  

I think it's one of the most beautifully understated maps I have ever seen. What is interesting is that you have managed to create such a stunning map by using only 1 type of tree icon. Bravo. This map is a masterclass in simplicity, superb use of colour, composition and line weight.

I like it because it shows that CC3 CAN make beautiful maps.

You sir have inspired me. Duly repped!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Praise

These are some of the nicest maps that I have seen with CC3, and the best thing is that they don't look like generic CC3 maps. These look like they were hand done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast