Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Realm of Asmerath

Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

We're just a presumptuous bunch who think everything is supposed to be in English. Just ignore us

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    Forst is an less used term for cultured Forest in German. I also did insert therms Walde or Wald which means literally Forest. And Felde which means Field. The Map is inhabited by Dutch/German, Psydo-Norrdics, and Spains which explains my weird names through Cultural and literal assimilations
    I think the difference is that wald or walde is more obviously a different language term. Forst being so close to the English word, where a good amount of the map in is English, reads as a typo instead of a different word. But it was meant as a question, not a critique as such.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Map

Here is an updated alternative Version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stregheria-Games-Promo__3.jpg 
Views:	490 
Size:	933.9 KB 
ID:	46955  

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Awesome, man. So awesome. I can't rep you again right now, but it's there in spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Awesome, man. So awesome. I can't rep you again right now, but it's there in spirit.
    Come on Mr. J. I still have a long road to catch up with you, my friend. Remember, your maps were the reason I ended up in this lovely Madhouse of a guild

Hey, Diamond - if you dragged this guy in here, THANKS! :-)

Schwarzkreuz, there's very little I could suggest as improvement that wouldn't be just personal preferences. I guess maybe Mr. C. Serpent might look more at home if his lower edge matched the wiggles of the wave texture. And the mountains might have a smidgen more 3-d believability if in a couple of places their tips actually breached the northern coastlines?

I love the cactus desert symbols. The mountains are as usual crazy-awesome. The understated icons are a nice touch, but should there be a key? I like the scale, but it'd feel more comfortable if there were a unit mentioned - even if it were a totally bogus one. One wants to travel two hundred Somethings, not just two hundred :-).

I'm neutral on the spelling/naming thing, or leaning slightly toward Different Is Good ...

Another summer time map... How could I have missed this one?

Love the sea monster and the sea texture. It is good to see you experimenting with colour. Great map. I agree with jigibson's tips for improving your already awesome map btw.

Thanks booth of you. I constantly try to improove and reach new skills. I have been more and more obsessed with maps in the past year.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just awesome. Every so often I go digging and find a gem stuck in the back of the forum somewhere. I am so glad I found this one.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12