Thread: Request for assistance in drawing a world map.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Request for assistance in drawing a world map.

The selected prefix is for a time and in the least it will come with a link to your website or work. http://www.seedsofaether.com. I do also realise that I'm a stickler for the copyright but will ask for it. I would love to discuss requested payment but am not in a position to promise anything at this time.

I'm looking for a map in the following style.

http://thedreamtree.pbworks.com/f/wotmapopt029yj.jpg

I have attached a rough sketch of the map i had in mind. there are city placements but much is subject to yoru change in what you can make work.

I am a fan of vector art for my ability to change the scale for blowing up and the like. High res for clarity and crispness as well.

I'm not in too much in a hurry, not having the visionary path of what it takes to move the world is hindering the writing. I would like to try for 2 weeks to a month.

I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

rrodgers@seedsofaether.com

I have many of the cities and ideas crafted but would appreciate those who seem to have this skill that I lack to please assist me in crafting it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World-Map-unfinished.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	222.7 KB 
ID:	46843  

Hi Zemation! Good of you to post. I doubt I'll have the time (I might, but who knows), however I wanted to just add 2 little pointers:

1) you have many rivers, which violate basic rules of hydrology in that they flow across whole continents and disregard elevations - is this on purpose and explained or an error that would be corrected in the final map?

2) for a paid map it is a good idea to post at least a ball-park figure of what you can afford. Otherwise the [paid?] tag might be more appropriate!

Cheers and have a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukc View Post

1) you have many rivers, which violate basic rules of hydrology in that they flow across whole continents and disregard elevations - is this on purpose and explained or an error that would be corrected in the final map?

2) for a paid map it is a good idea to post at least a ball-park figure of what you can afford. Otherwise the [paid?] tag might be more appropriate!
    1, It was a completely rough draft map, there are certain aspects of nation location and a couple cities they I want but the whole map is actually old and fully subject to change.

2. I don't even know where to start and I don't want to undercut anybodies efforts. I'm looking around a ball park figure of what i can afford of up to $30.

For the time being I have found an alternative and this topic can be closed. Thank you all for your time to review the request and I hope I can work with you all in the future.