Thread: Help With River Paths?

Question Help With River Paths?

Hi everyone. So I'm working on the third try at my first map using Ascension's Atlas tutorial and it's looking great so far. Unfortunately the mountains, while looking good, have formed in a way to make mapping a river rather interesting. Perhaps someone could suggest a way I could incorporate a waterway without violating the laws of the River Police? I've attached a picture of the offending area in question. The area almost surrounded by mountains (circled by red) is going to be heavily forested and where the river(s) will be coming from. The red arrow is the path I would think the river would flow. I was thinking maybe a lake, but where would it drain to? Just for a sense of scale, the continent itself is about 2,000 miles (~3219 km) wide. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	47077  

Oops, I posted this in the wrong section. Also, after further reviewing "How to get your rivers in the right place," I think I've found my answers. A mod can go ahead and delete this.

I'd love to see what you came up with.

Map

I decided to put the river through the area marked by the red arrow. I still need to add landmarks, trees, names, titles, and other decorative tidbits. This map is pretty much just to get a sense of scale and plan out the campaign.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map2.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	47109

Very nice, thank you.

No, thank you.