Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: July / August Lite Challenge: *** Limited Colour Palette***

Hi Thurlor:

- You can only use colours from the palette. So black yes but pink no.
    - You can do what you like during the process as long the final colours are those of the limited palette or an overlaid mix of one or more of them.

Seriously, don't spend your time overthinking the rules, better to spend it doing the challenge.

p.s. please don't tell me that you were seriously thinking of using that pink in this challenge.

I wasn't to sure about the pink, but black would be helpfull. Also, that colour plaette does not contain black. The closest it has is 11100c, which is nearly black.

I've already started work on the map, so I wasn't really obsessing over the rules. Just wanting to make sure my plan was valid.

Good to hear it! Sorry I didn't mean to be harsh in my last post! I see you what you mean now. You can't use the black from the template only the near black from the limited palette provided.

I tried to make a pallette from the colors, and thought I had successfully done so, but then when I try to fill up the land color with say, brown or blue, I get the exact same purple as the ocean!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pallette_problems.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	242.9 KB 
ID:	47196

I just downloaded Ghostman's pallette, and will try that (thanks man!), but I'm still confused as to why mine doesn't work.

edit: pallette window didn't show up, here it is:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pallette.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	47197
    Last edited by maackey; 08-02-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Make sure that the image you're editing is set to RGB mode.

Ahh, thank you. For some reason I thought I had to be in indexed mode to use a pallette.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12