Thread: New Here From Michigan

Default New Here From Michigan

Hello I am new to the boards here. I've seen around the internet that this is the place to come for all of my map making needs for RPG's. I play Heroes Unlimited by Palladium Books and have had trouble finding and making maps for my games. This is why I am here.

Hopefully I can learn some neat tricks and possibly meet some people who can help me out when I need it. I look forward to getting to know you guys in the coming months.

Currently I make screen caps of maps on mapquest.com and then edit them in paint for my games.

Is there a free program that I could use to make modern maps for my games? I don't have any graphic design experience using anything other than Paint but want to offer my players better quality maps.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Two of the best FREE graphics progs that I know of are Gimp (Raster) and Inkscape (Vector). Both have learning curves, but we have plenty of tutorials around here as well as people who know how to use them
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Welcome to the Guild!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Now I will be looking to do Palladium Fantasy maps for my games as that is what recently I have been getting more into.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome. I can highly recommend GIMP as an excellent raster program
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Welcome to the forum!!!