Thread: Fantasy region map... please?

Default Fantasy region map... please?

Description: Cartographer's Guild, I am in dire need of your assistance! I am in the process of writing a fantasy novel, and plan to use the same region map for a slew of novels. Problem is, I stink horribly at making maps. This is why I am here, looking for a cartographer to help me out. I have a base fractal kind of map with city and town names, but that's just to have a location in my head at the moment.
    Here's the map. The red is higher elevation, the green lower, etc. I don't have anything but this really at the moment, and my world building is still in early stages, so do what you like with it. I just really like the town locations and names, and the overall shape of the map. Otherwise, have a go however you like.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World Map0.bmp 
Views:	1312 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	47081

Style: I'm open to most styles, but something that would look nice on the pages of a book would be best. I'm rather fond of Paolini's map in Eragon, but again, style is up for complete negotiation.

Time: I have plenty of time. Please, if you take this up, make it at your leisure. I would hate to rush, and it is unpaid, so... Speaking of that,

Payment: You see, I'm a young, brand new, author-to-be. Unfortunately, I lack the means with which to pay for a map of this sort. But, if it comes to the point of publication, I would be willing to discuss payment at that point in time if you wish.

Copyright: I would need reproduction rights for use in publication, but the copyright can very well remain with the cartographer. I would make sure and cite you.(So, preferably, I would have rights to reproduce the map for commercial use and the cartographer would have rights to exhibit the image but not exploit it for commercial gain.)

Contact Info: Please, do contact me at
    micahebaker[at]gmail[dot]com

Extra Note: I am glad to accept any cartographer on here, especially less known ones. (Possibly have at least one previous work for me to view?)

Thank you very, very much in advance.
    Last edited by Dream3r; 07-29-2012 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Put up map starter

I started playing around with this today as a way to practice isometric drawing, and attached is what I have so far. My ultimate goal is to end up with something like this (http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...8&d=1278359211) though less detailed. If that works for you, tell me and I'll continue. Also, I noticed you don't have any rivers on here - does this reflect a lack of rivers in the land, or did you simply not draw any? As far as previous map making work that I've done, there's this: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...nkissed-World).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RoughDraft1.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	169.2 KB 
ID:	47412  
    Last edited by Seleucus I; 08-10-2012 at 04:47 PM.

This request has been taken.