Thread: Burning Farm House

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Wip Burning Farm House

Here is a encounter map for a quest in a small campaign I am hosting for my friends. All the textures are from cgtextures, the trees, bodies, and chest are from dundjinni. A thanks from Bogie for helping me track down the bodies.. I plan on adding some more details to the house.. I would prefer Goblin skins for the encounter instead of the text markers, but the markers are not going to be printed on the map itself. They will be setup with miniatures.. Let me know what you think of it so far..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Burning Farm House.jpg 
Views:	866 
Size:	663.4 KB 
ID:	47165

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

For a map called "Burning Farm House" I expected more fire. Especially on, you know, the HOUSE. Otherwise its really cool though. You mention goblins, but what specifically to "C" "K" and "S" stand for?

the C stand for Goblin Cutters, S - is Goblin Sharpshooters, and the K - is Kids.. The kids are going to be kid napped and taken away.. I know there should be more fire, but I was writing up the encounter and decided to be more smoldering, than actually burning.. I had the post ready to post, with all the stuff in and all I was lacking was the web version of the map, hit submit before I looked at the title.. lol.. Also went back and added a lot of detail also, like tables, beds, chest, and various other things.. I haven't quite got the map finished yet.. Still looking for some basic objects like; pots and pans, shelving, and odds and ins.. I should be doing a post here soon with a update.. I appreciate the comments..

Well after Seraphines comment.. It made me look on the house again, and see if it would look better with fire.. Well here is a new version, still looking to add a few more details to the house.. But let me know what you think.. Honestly I feel it adds a sense of danger and urgency to the map..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Burning Farm House.jpg 
Views:	1208 
Size:	727.3 KB 
ID:	47204

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

I like it. It adds intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphine_Harmonium View Post
    I like it. It adds intensity.

Its actually growing on me.. Just think they have to search it like that

Wow, that's really a good map, man! I actually like the fire really well! Hard to pull that off.

Did you use GIMP?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Wow, that's really a good map, man! I actually like the fire really well! Hard to pull that off.

Did you use GIMP?
    It really wasn't to hard, I just made sure that I did not use the same texture for the walls. I think all in all I used 6 textures for all the flames.. It was done in photoshop.. I appreciate your comments..