Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got my graphics tablet and am having fun!!

Post Just got my graphics tablet and am having fun!!

I just bought a new graphics tablet and am learning to use it. It is a Wacom Graphire 4, and I am starting to like it a lot!

It is taking a little while to get used to it, but I have done some drawing in Photoshop and am starting to get the hang of it. I am still trying to get used to navigating around using the pen, but I am quickly starting to see what a difference it will make. Now I won't have to draw maps in paper and then scan and work forever to get the colors to match!

True, it is very tasty. And high in fiber.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

pen and paper will never die!!!!
    But a tablet is ohhh so sweet, and you can't ever understand how you lived 'before' the tablet made live so much easier.

Guild Applicant

Tablet is quite useful but the ultimate tool is tablet combine with monitor: Wacom Cintiq. I'm using 21" one and I have to say that it is close as can be to paper. It is great to sketch terrain in Leveller and see result realitime and in 3D.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    Tablet is quite useful but the ultimate tool is tablet combine with monitor: Wacom Cintiq. I'm using 21" one and I have to say that it is close as can be to paper. It is great to sketch terrain in Leveller and see result realitime and in 3D.
    I'm working on convincing my job to buy me one for my desk at work....Those are truly nice. and only 2500 bucks.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I was tempted to buy one last year, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it for a hobby. However if you do it for a living, I would think it would be practically a necessity from what I've heard from artists that have used them.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    Is that your job or hobby. You got any demo pics to post ?

Guild Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Is that your job or hobby. You got any demo pics to post ?
    Cartography was my job but now is my hobby (still doing some small maps for €€€). I was doing a lot of manual hillshading, developing natural looking maps,... Now I'm working in LIDAR bussiness (more rewardable). I was doing a lot of fantasy mapping in my spare time but this was several years ago and I have to find some of my work. I'm sure that kids have left some of it untouched.
    Anyway, here is example of my recent still unfinished work. It is natural looking map of real landscape here in Slovenia. First image present a detail from finished map (well without labels) and the second is natural looking background for the same map. Scale of the map is 1:25000 and background is rendered from 3D model (DEM, landcover, water lines and bodies). Ah, if I could manage my time better...

Lui
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	detail2.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	218.3 KB 
ID:	3487   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	426.0 KB 
ID:	3488  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast