The following was posted by Shessar on the PF Forum:
Before I get into the installation procedure for the package, I want to first point out that if you already have the CSUAC there is no need to reinstall since there are no new symbols. However, the directory structure is different from prior versions, so the two are not compatible. What this means is that any maps using symbols from prior versions will show red X's for the symbols (the reverse is true as well). This is because the new CC3 version of the CSUAC is using the file structure and files from the Fractal Mapper 8 version of the package.
Also, please note that these symbols are not full fledged CC3/DD3/CD3 symbols. That is, they are not smart symbols, nor do they use random transformations, shading, collections, etc. They are simply the PNG files and associated CC3 catalogs.
CSUAC for CC3 Installation Instructions
STEP 1: Downloading all necessary files
1. Download the file CSUAC_for_CC3_v3.zip from:
and save to your hard drive.
2. Download all of the CSUAC FM8 files from http://www.vintyri.org and save to your hard drive.
The files needed are:
NOTE: There is no BL7_FM8.zip file
STEP 2: Extract Files
1. Unzip the CSUAC_forCC3_v3.zip file into your root CC3 Folder. This will create several new folders:
2. Extract the file BL_FM8_Fills.zip into the CC3\Bitmaps\CSUAC Fills folder.
3. Extract the files BL1_FM8.zip through BL8Pt2_FM8.zip into the CC3\Symbols\CSUAC folder.
STEP 3: Adding Menu Buttons for the CSUAC
1. Navigate to your root CC3 folder
*If you don't have a fcw32.imn file in this directory
Copy the fcw32.imn file from CC3\Menu\csuac_menu into your root CC3 folder.
* If you do have the file fcw32.imn in the root CC3 directory
Navigate to the folder CC3\Menu\csuac_menu
Open the fcw32.imn file using Notepad.
Append (copy/paste) the contents of this file to your existing fcw32.imn file in the CC3 root directory.
Make sure you don't leave any empty lines inside the file, but do make sure there is a line break after the last line of content, or CC3 will crash on startup.
2. Start CC3. Click the screen tools button (Hammer icon at the bottom of the screen), and turn on "Custom icon bar 3". I have mine placed to the left.
3. If the new toolbar shows up blank, just restart CC3 or click on one of the "Add-on" buttons in the toobar. This will reload the menu.
The symbols are now ready for use.
Working with the PNG bitmap fills is a little more complicated and I will describe the process in another post. I wanted to get this posted first so that everyone could start downloading.
Again, the above is from Shessar, not from me.