Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help with a map to role-playing with friends.

Well, congrats, it's a very fine map already Mr Vospeck!

I just gave it a try, so mine is less developped. I just put some moutains & a few rivers (not completely finished).
    In fact, I thought to work it the same way I've done my Agartha map with a few more tests (according to your requests) and without the political land coloration.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rovendor IV.jpg 
Views:	517 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	47475

I, too, haven't much time to spend, and wouldn't been offended if you prefer another mapmaker! There a lot of great artists there and I'm not one of those who are skilled in every map styles !

So, just tell me if you want me to keep working on it (knowing it won't be finished soon).

PS : I'm curious ; do you have something in mind with what appears to me be a skull form for your continent ?

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Pryme8's Avatar

I like your hand drawn maps... I think you should look up some inking tutorials and do them yourself, because your very good at the construction from what I see... dont be so critical on yourself! you dont need anyones help, infact some of use should be asking your for inspiration.

Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

Good job there Ilanthar

Blog Entries

Oh wow, it will be hard to choose.
    Thank you very very much to both. Tonight I will decide with which to follow ... And when I do, I'll upload a map with the areas defined.

Thank you very much, great job guys!
    Greetings ... I repeat: it will be hard to choose ...

PS: Some people told me, some time ago, about the shape of a skull which has the continent. Let me say that the form has changed five times ... was unintentional that the map is finished with that form, haha.

Blog Entries

Hello.
    Well, I have nearly ready the zones map (which will only serve as a reference). And ... I already made the decision.

I would like to thank you to both. They were very good to help someone for free, I am very happy!. Yospeck, thank you very much for being the first to get to work on my map and accept the modifications I wanted.
    However, the Ilanthar's work was the most resembled what I wanted at first ... the form was respected and the colors are good. So I decided to go with you, Ilanthar. I hope you wanna go on with my map too, haha.

There are some changes that, if not too difficult to implement, I'd like you to add:

-The resolution, I want to increase a little. Remember that I want to make a poster with map, and the size will be in A1 format, so the definition is important.
    -The mountains if you can improve a little.
    -I would like the black thin edges.
    -If you Add an old style to the map would be nice.
    -The river water has the same color as the sea water.
    -I wonder if the names can be changed after you finish the map. That is, if I want to add or change some names, I'd like to give me a map without the names so I can add them later.

Nothing more for now. I wonder if, after you apply the changes, you can change more things... That is, if I do not like something when you complete the map, I want to know if you can change some things anyway.
    If some changes can not be made, no problem.

Seriously guys, thank you very much to both.
    I will publish more information on the continent when you want.

Thank you!
    Greetings to everyone.

PS: This map has some incredible mountains and rivers. Also the color and forests...
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...source=message
    Last edited by Facubaci; 08-13-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

*thumbs up* Hope you'll show us the final results!

Ok, I'm gonna test a few things... so I'm not quite sure of the results.

I certainly can color the rivers in the same manner and I have no problem with a "no names" map (it's yours after all!), but I'm not confident with your other requests.
    By the way, what do you expect exactly when you say "old style map"? And, the "black thin edges" applied for the map or the mountains?

Anyhow, I'll show you a part of the map with the new tests, and you'll tell me if it's OK for you.
    Oh, and OK for the bigger resolution, I know what it is to mapping the wall for an RPG !

Blog Entries

Okey.

Thank you very much again for the effort, Ilanthar.
    So, the theme of rivers, names, and resolution is finished. Very good. Remember: it will be a map of RPG, but it will also be a poster, so I'd like to be a detailed map, like a drawing or photograph (one question: 5000pixls is best for a sheet of A1 size or A2?)

When I say "old style map" I mean to add aging to the map, as if it has many years old. You could add ragged edges, small stains, etc.. then we will see how it looks.

When I say "black thin edges" I mean making small edges of the continent (and also of the mountains) for it seems that everything is drawn with the same "pen", with the same "line" ... you can look at the example 3 that I linked... you can see how the edges of the mountains and the edges of contienente is very similar.

I want to see how you make the forests and mountains. I think you have a good style

I have finished making the map with the zones, Which only serve as a reference for you to put the names. The color is only to differentiate areas (it hasn't to do with the sovereignties, the reliefs, the color of the earth, etc).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15qfeaw.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	451.6 KB 
ID:	47567

Thank you very much!
    Greetings to everyone.
    Last edited by Facubaci; 08-16-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Well, thanks for the details, I'm gonna see what I can do.

I'm drawing your map with the following dimensions : 4788 x 5976 px and according to my software, its a 23,940 x 29,880 inches picture. But, I used to print it with another software and use the rule : 1050 x 1485 px for an A4... So, I guess it's up to you.

If you want to have an idea of one of my recent map with moutains and forests :
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...5&d=1345207793

This was a huge map (too much for my soft... I got a lot of problems). Tell me if you're waiting for this kind of forests.

I'll try to show you a first try till next monday.

Blog Entries

What's happen if you use mountains like this?
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...6&d=1317762386

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast