Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help with a map to role-playing with friends.

Ok, this is a first try and I'm not really satisfied of the result... I think the mountains and rivers are too much drowned in the background...
    But you tell me if there are some of these tests that are satisfying for you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Rovendor Test.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	47624

I can use the mountains (without problems) you're talking about if it's free of use.
    So I'm waiting for your guidance and think about a way to improve.

Blog Entries

Well, I liked the map. But I have some things to say.

First, and most important, is the abruptness of the changes of color. I mean, for example, there is much difference in color between the blue sea and the background effect. The colors do not mix well (look how well it applies the antique effect throughout this map http://awesomewallpapers.files.wordp...-map-11429.jpg also colors not abruptly change ... there is harmony, do not know).

Second, the effect of antiqueness I was referring to apply it in all the map, and not on the edge only. I mean, the map must has a darker, older. It seems that the blue sea is very new, I do not know. There isn't harmony with the rest of the map, you understand? As if part of the map was old and the water has been painted later.

Third, the effect of the background (the edges) did not fulfill my expectations. Maybe you can add one more simple (like this http://www.hejorama.com/wp/wp-conten...map_Narnia.jpg - or as this http://www.wimeuverman.nl/afbeeldingen/ fantasy_map_euverman.jpg) or can be torn edges but continuing the color map (like this http://www.epilogue.net/cgi/database...ew.pl?id=75603)

Fourth, the mountains. The mountains you did in the first map are better than those. As you said you can do the mountains I linked (from the map of Schwarzkreuz) I'll wait and we'll see what results you get. If there are good, we let these ... otherwise, we can let the first that you showed me in the first map.

Fifth, (and I finish with this), the rivers. I thought they were going to see more easily, but I think we have to darken the color of water (like the examples I gave you). I like the color of the sea is like the river color ... but if these can not be distinguished ... perhaps we'll have to darken it.

That's it. Honestly, I'm not too pleased, like you. Let's see how you apply these five things I mentioned. If it goes wrong, you can do it as you would.

Thank you, I think that is a difficult job! haha
    Greetings to everyone.

PD: next time, you can use a little portion of the map for try... to not complicate you so much!

Ok, I think I'm gonna test another background, the schwarzkreuz mountains and a few things.
    I didn't used the effect I wanted to about the sea in the precedent test (just forgotten), but the background isn't appropriate anyhow.

I'm a little busy right now, but I'm gonna try to do a complete try on the same part before next monday.

Blog Entries

Hello.
    Thank Ilanthar!
    I'm excited to see the changes that you'll add to the map. I think perhaps it's easier and faster apply changes to a small portion of the map ... So, if I do not like something, we do not have to re-do everything.

What kind of trees will you use for the forests? I like yours trees, but if you want I can link some styles of trees for the forest.
    I'm glad you can use Schwarzkreuz's mountains.

I'll wait untill monday , I'm not in a hurry.

Greetings to everybody.

PS: Do you need some information about some place of the map? I have a lot of descriptions, some pictures... and I can draw everything that you need.

Hi Facubaci,

Now, that's better according to my taste. The mountains are a bit oversized perhaps but I wanted to obtain the same edge size as the coastal line.
    The forest is a test too. I think it's correct but it's hiding the rivers too much (maybe I can fix that anyway).
    So tell me what you think !
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rovendor v2 part.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	950.6 KB 
ID:	47762

A few questions : do you have something (or examples) in mind of what you want for the cities? Different pictures for different species?

Blog Entries

Hello.
    It looks awsome, Ilanthar!
    I like the mountains and the effect you've added it to the background. I like the water color too.

There are some things that you could change (the last things to change):
    -Increase resolution because, when you zoom, the pixels are deleted and are not defined.
    -The coastline I wish it were not so black, that is, so highlighted. I would like a coast like the following map: http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...4&d=1328131908 (Schwarzkreuz's map).
    -I don't want that the river's line crash with the coast's line. That is, the blue of the rivers will not cut it with the black of the coast, the blue continue to the sea. I hope you understand.
    -Finally, if you can use other types of forests ... I find I can use some for you ... because I do not like you used, it looks like scribbles.

Nothing else. Your work is amazing, good job.
    Thank you.
    Greetings all.

OK, thanks, I'll see what I can do!

Blog Entries

Okay. Quiet, dude

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Oh its realy funny to Read people talk about me and my maps. Give me a Note if advises are needed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast