Thread: Zeppelin SPET-301 [WIP]

Default Zeppelin SPET-301 [WIP]

After a lot of computer gaming (Skyrim again), I've started a new project.

It's a zeppelin with modular construction that can be used for various purposes in a near future scenario. Here the industrial version Exec-Traveller "SPET-301" is shown.

I've taken the hull shape and size from the Hindenburg and modified the gondola? and added an engine. The shape is not finished yet. The layout reminds of a submarine with a central corridor. The cockpit is Star-Trek inspired with the captain in the center.

Next I will add the typical architectural symbols like stairs, beds, toilets etc., which will be drawn first
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenie Silo.jpg 
Views:	715 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	48038   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zeppelin WIP01.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	48039  

I'm guessing you picked up Dawnguard. =P

I'm very fond of airships and this is a nice clean design. I might appreciate a bit more detail in the deckplans though. The 3d rendering adds a lot though.

@Larb: No DLC's, I'm waiting for the GotY edition.

I have just added stairs to the deckplans and guess the next update will follow on sunday. The renders are finished, except a few details. They should only show the basic structure, more details will only confuse.

Here's the first update. After drawing some archtectural symbols, I've added stairs and windows, the crew area on level 3 and passenger area on level 2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zeppelin WIP02.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	48177  

This is pretty cool. Is there access to the "air bladders" from the gondola, and what are the circular items on the lowest deck?

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is really very good. I am fan of these kinds of ship designs. I look forward to watching this progress.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Thanks all!
    @Ark: I guess the air bladders should be accesible for maintenace things, but I have not spent much ideas about it. The focus was on different gondola layouts. The circular things on deck 0 are generators, the tanks next to it contain fresh/used water.

@Ravi: Silo and Vue. I used the standard materials and atmosphere atm plus an additional spotlight above. Each deck is rendered sparately and an alpha mask overlayed in PS.