Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WIP: New Campaign Region

Guild Member

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphine_Harmonium View Post
    It's funny how "unnatural" nature looks sometimes.

I like how this is coming along. I think you need some trees on the big island, but other than that you've adequately dealt with the patterning in the texture.
    Its just bizarre isnt it. Well here is last nights (and indeed 5am this mornings output). Next step is to start adding a few isolated outposts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Base Mapv4.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	823.2 KB 
ID:	47305  

Quote Originally Posted by nichollsr View Post
    Well i do understand your point but check this out.

This is part of bayou in Louisiana. Hence my instincts screaming everything was wrong and yet real world trumps us every time.
    Of course, but that looks very natural. Notice how there are a lot of smaller islands and there's a certain pattern.

Guild Member

Hi Moskva - i do indeed see it. What do you think i need to do to improve the look ? Im trying to capture the feel of the bayou so im open to suggestions.

I think it looks great (and I don't necessarily advocate changing anything)...but it would be interesting to see it with a bit more variation in the river width...i.e. the distance separating each little island is about the same...might look good to make some wider than others and help to give it more of the "natural" look.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12