Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map of Creation!

Guild Novice

Map Map of Creation!

Hi everyone!

This is my first post around here. I've been making maps for quite some time, but this one is my first digital map. I made it for personal use and it depicts the campaign world 'Creation' featured in White Wolf's Exalted RPG. I used the first edition map as a guideline for the lineart, but have since added features from many sources from the line.

My theme was simply to use a neutral palette and to not have any color "killing" the map. The text for cities and other features had to be kept very small since this map is showing off a huge place. The map itself is made with Photoshop CS.

I hope you like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Creation.jpg 
Views:	1588 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	3469  
    Last edited by Zardan; 05-07-2008 at 06:55 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

That's a stunning world map. I like the colour scheme a lot.

Also, let me be te first to welcome you over here

Guild Novice

Thanks Torstan! This is a cool site. I can't understand how I failed to notice the site all this time.

Welcome to the Guild, Zardan! Your map is a thing of beauty, lovely sharp, crisp lines. I particularly like the desert texture and the palette you've used. Please post more!

p.s. Your paintings on your DevArt site are fantastic!!

Your map truly is a wonderful piece.

Welcome to the group.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Great Work Zardan. Great pallette and subtle use of colour combined with clear, clean labelling. Looks very cool. Oh and Welcome too.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

As a fan of the Exalted setting I have to say well done! If you look around the site, I believe you'll find a few other Creation maps and some links to other sites that have maps as well. Also, welcome to the Guild! I look forward to seeing more of your work. Do you have other maps of Creation like cities or encounter areas?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Welcome Zardan! I can honestly say that I can find nothing about this map that I don't like execpt that I wish it were larger so I could zoom in more. The glacier looks awesome and their cliffs look very creadible. Nice touch with the changing forest color as you head North. Hope to see more.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    I believe you'll find a few other Creation maps and some links to other sites that have maps as well. ... Do you have other maps of Creation like cities or encounter areas?

I'll take a look around. It would be great to find more maps of Creation. I'm converting the map to the Underworld and I am thinking about zooming in certain areas (including cities). If I do, I'll post them!

Also thanks to everyone who commented on the map! Much appreciated!

Ah, you have your rivers and seas as a single object, huh -- all the land cut away to make the rivers. That solves the estuary problem! I wanna try that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast