Thread: New and Hoping to Learn

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default New and Hoping to Learn

Hello!

I'm a newbie here, and hoping to meet others and learn a bit about map-making. I'm a veteran D&D player, and would love to actually learn to make great world maps for my homebrew campaign settings. My land of Azebron has become my baby and I have some basic sketches, but would love to see the maps come to life, so to speak!

Hi there Mercutio361, I came here for exactly the same purpose a couple of years ago, as have many, many others. So welcome to the Guild! There are tons of tutorials available here to help you achieve your goal. Spend some time browsing the tutorials section and pay attention to what kind of software is required for each style of map. You'll find that Photoshop and GIMP are the two most prominent forms of software used (with CC3 coming a distant third).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Hi there Mercutio361, I came here for exactly the same purpose a couple of years ago, as have many, many others. So welcome to the Guild! There are tons of tutorials available here to help you achieve your goal. Spend some time browsing the tutorials section and pay attention to what kind of software is required for each style of map. You'll find that Photoshop and GIMP are the two most prominent forms of software used (with CC3 coming a distant third).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks! I found a simple tutorial and have made my first map, although it didn't come out too great, it was still pretty decent for my first go-round