Thread: Hello cartographers :)

Default Hello cartographers :)

Hi!

I'm from Montreal, Quebec, and french...so I hope you will forgive all the mistakes I will do! Although I'm trying hard not to.

I am what you might say a gamer, but on table style. Old D&D with friends, pizza and energy drinks...a lot! I'v done a B.A in art and media so I'm a bit familiar with photoshop. Although I create and stop creating all the time, now that we have a new game started with the best master (in fact, he is really, really good), and that we have an insane story, I am incredibly motivated to do the map of this new world and yes, also thinking to create a B.D. I had to say it somewhere, makes it official in a way.

I found this site by searching videos of tutorial for maps; I am to lazy or scared to start anew by handrawing...and I should be ashamed but I'm not; the problem for stoping art all the time is the pressure we put on ourself so, tutorial and photoshop is the key for me.

I'm very thrill to be a new member of your community and when the time is right, I will gladly post here my experiences.

Looking foward to hear from you.

Gen

Hello Gen, welcome to the Guild!

Well there are tons of other table top gamers here doing the exact same thing so you are in good company. Also, there are tons of Photoshop tutorials here as well, so feel free to dive in. Look forward to seeing you around.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thank you, it's a pleasure to be here

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Bienvenue gen

I am a "bloke" from Pointe St Charles. Welcome to the Guild, The Mappiest Place on the Web

Have no fear about posting whatever you got, when you got it because we are a very helpful bunch here. Post anything in the WIP (Work In Progress) forums and comments and critique will come. And most of those comments are either helpful or encouraging, so don't be shy.

BTW, you english spelling is WAAAAYYYYYYYY beter than my french....
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    Bienvenue gen
    I am a "bloke" from Pointe St Charles. Welcome to the Guild, The Mappiest Place on the Web
    Hey! You are not that far! Hi

Have no fear about posting whatever you got, when you got it because we are a very helpful bunch here.
    Thanks, that helps because I am really afraid...not of the people or criticism, but "not to be good enough"...personnal issue, like a lot of artist...but thanks, will do! So I'll be posting my first genuine work soon enough. Right now, I'm doing tutorials "as is" and when I feel confortable (hoping this month), the real work will start.

BTW, you english spelling is WAAAAYYYYYYYY beter than my french....
    That is just flattering Thanks, well, in a way, we have too because bilinguism is essential. Personnaly, I would love to be trilingual.

Anyway, I'm wandering too much but thanks, again, and looking foward to meet you on the site and hear from you

Welcome aboard Gen! No fears, putting up your Work in Progress maps and asking for advice is the best way to get better.

I am about 4 hours away from Montreal in Maine, but my father was born in Compton, Quebec ( it's south of Sherbrooke if you are not familiar with Compton. )