Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: August 2012 Entry: Wasteland Stronghold

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

looking good, though i actually prefer the version with the valley/bay rather than the dividing mountain.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Pryme8's Avatar

I thought about it, and due to scale and the way that I want the underground system, If i was to keep that a ravine, when I go to do the underground part I would of had to make then drop down uber far to make it realistically transverse the gap. I was thinking about a bridge, when I wanted to do the water, but then I realized caves and mountains seems so much more aesthetically jail like.

Im going to finish putting all the buildings in place and then work all the structures up, then I will go back to building the terrain... then details

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WastelandPrison9.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	47485

Looking good so far. Keep up the good work!

Ok, here is what I did tonight while I was in the hotel before going to bed... long day not much...
    ### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	WastelandPrison10a.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	47582

and now Im sad... because I was in a rush to get off, and get this posted before bed, on exiting the file after resizing it for preview... I saved with no way now to revert... Im a dumb ass... and very ****ed because all the hard work of having the file at 5000 by 5000 pxls for extreme detail is now lost, the image is now 2000 by 2000 more then half which really really sucks... maybe due to the new size I will be able to work faster... but man what a blower. and all my brush presets are useless now.

Meanwile underground:

Name:	underground1.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	140.6 KB 
ID:	47583

the very left if the entrance floor, middle is first sublevel, right is last sublevel.
    Last edited by Pryme8; 08-18-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Gahhh. I feel your pain, man. Still, it looks really great. Nice color palette, and the tunnel shadows are very convincing.

due to the re size of the image and the loss of motivation due to loss of work, I wrapped this up as quick as possible I do not like it because I feel its no where near where I wanted but I have ran out of time to work on it and need to get back to paying jobs.. Sucks because I had big plans for this map... now ill leave all the gaps in design and labeling to your imagination...

sorry for not coming though this time.

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	step2small.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	3.81 MB 
ID:	47759

That's too bad it is coming along so well. May be you will finish this later . I for one would like to see it when it is done !!
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Quote Originally Posted by Pryme8 View Post
    due to the re size of the image and the loss of motivation due to loss of work, I wrapped this up as quick as possible I do not like it because I feel its no where near where I wanted but I have ran out of time to work on it and need to get back to paying jobs.. Sucks because I had big plans for this map... now ill leave all the gaps in design and labeling to your imagination...

sorry for not coming though this time.
    Are you kidding? The image you lost might be larger but it's not that much more detailed than your latest WIP. Don't know what program you're using but there are effects/renders/filters that can turn a lower res image into a higher one. I use them all the time. Whether it works depends on the image and experimentation. Also, the file limit is exactly 4.7Mb. I know because I love large images too and then when it comes I can't upload it and have to downscale and due to scaling algorithms, details can be lost and particularly text can lose their sharpness. It's better to work in the scale that can fit the file limit which isn't easy to guess what the final file size would be. I love the way you carved the tunnels. Outside the challenge, you'll have all the time to work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    Outside the challenge, you'll have all the time to work on it.
    I will.. and a lot of the detail work I was going to do is what was lost... I did not feel like doing it anymore do to loss of motivation...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast