Thread: WIP State Map of Egeos

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Wip WIP State Map of Egeos

This is a WIP of a hand drawn map for a local D&D group. I still need to do some more detail work and flesh it out some.. Its still very basic, so keep that in mind... Would appreciate some feedback on it.. One think is I would like to think all the people for uploading the brushes for the hand drawn elements. it would have taken much longer than a two hours to hand draw it all the elements so far..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	State Map of Egeos.jpg 
Views:	604 
Size:	419.4 KB 
ID:	47375
    Last edited by ruff; 08-10-2012 at 02:26 AM.

Guild Apprentice

Looks pretty good. What brushes are you using for the mountains and trees? I would be interested in using them in my next map.

Thanks Kazou, honestly I can't remember which mountain brushes I loaded.. They were from the mapping elements forum.. I must have loaded about 20+ to find the ones I wanted to use lol..

New update.. I added a lot.. still have a few more details to add.. Any C&C is helpful thanks..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	State Map of Egeos.jpg 
Views:	793 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	47442

Widows Lake should only have one outlet (water discharges from a lake at the lowest point, eroding it until it can accommodate the total outflow, at which point other low points dry up).

Purely personal opinion, but I would expect Targas, Rivermead and Selee to be located along the near-by natural harbors, but a little further from the ocean (to protect from storms).

Just a suggestion, but rather than a REALLY LONG road from Styrewood to Amberelm it might be more interesting and economical for goods to travel by wagon from Styrewood to Corin's Pass (a little closer to the lake), then by boat from Corin's Pass to a small village at the end of the river near Amberelm , and then by wagon from the village to Amberelm. [a little appreciated fact is that it is labor intensive (expensive) to clear a wagon road through a forest. Without constant maintenance, after only a few years it will be impassable to a wagon reducing trade to pack trains. Ten years without maintenance and the forest will completely reclaim it.]

Silverthal might prefer a single road to the southwest that follows the river to the edge of the woods and then splits north and south for Rivermead and Raven's Point ... (with a small village at the fork to provide a ferry across the river).

Just my 2 cents worth ... the map and the vision are ultimately yours.

I see what your saying about the long road, but the interesting thing I have thought out is there is several small villages and farmhouses along the road.. I have 3 of the 6 encounters written on their way to their first major story hook. Which is Widows Lake and surrounding area.. The villages and house along the road have been given special privileges as long as they keep there section of the road clear.. Also I just thought Widows Lake looked cooler with three small rivers running from it, but I understand what your saying about it though.. I will bring it up later in PS and see how it looks.. The large gaps in the rivers have ferry villages added, but I haven't uploaded that new change yet.. I figured it would be warranted to make sure they have a town to ferry to the larger coastal towns..