Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: August 2012 Challenge - Detention Centre 417

Default August 2012 Challenge - Detention Centre 417

Still in the rough I-don't-know what I'm doing phase but heres what I have so far. The idea is simple, a decomissioned delepitated military base on an island has been converted into a prison. With the exception of the restricted zones the inmates have free reign of the island, so long as you don't make enemies in the camp or attempt to leave life here is almost bearable. I'm going for a bit of a darker pallete here and I'm fiddlign and experimenting with pretty much everything to try and vary from my normal maps. I want the island to look foreboding and gritty, the waters around the island will be littered with razer sharp reefs, ravenous sea life, trigger happy patrol craft and unfortunate inmates trying to make it off the island.

-D-

### latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Detention Centre 417.jpg 
Views:	1289 
Size:	3.08 MB 
ID:	47394  
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Wow, nice start.

This looks promising.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Great island!

Looking Good. I really like the surf !
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Well my internet is now back and so I can upload some progress. Added some green ground and tree, will be changing and fiddling with them further along and added the base for the walls on the main island. Haven't had a lot of tiem to wrok on this but more will come soon. Also note that yes I know the walls form a sort of suspect shape, they will be changed

-D-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Detention Centre 417.jpg 
Views:	12845 
Size:	3.51 MB 
ID:	47616  
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Also, completely off topic my reputation at the time of this posting is literally 666, thats some bad rep

-D-

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Consider it fixed! REP'ed ya. Oh yeah, nice map!

Naww, I was looking forward to having demonic powers

-D-

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Looking great so far. The concept reminds me of that movie with Ray Liotta and Lance Henriksen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast