Thread: Kingdom of Verathiel

Default Kingdom of Verathiel

Just completed a portion of my main campaign area. This is the player map which shows the main cities and land routes between them. While this is not my first map, it was a continuation of my first digital map. I only wish the portion I had selected to detail was of higher resolution, but this works for my needs for now.

I mainly used Paint Shop Pro and hand placed trees, mountains, the towns/ruins (squares) and roads. Using a grunge background I then "burned" my map upon it and tweaked the settings slightly to get the effect I was trying for.

Now on to the cities...which I wouldn't even attempt if it wasn't for all of the knowledge that I have gleaned from this great community. Thank you all!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KingdomOfVerathiel-grunge.png 
Views:	377 
Size:	450.8 KB 
ID:	47416
    Last edited by skamradt; 08-10-2012 at 08:32 PM.

That looks wonderful. I too wish it were higher resolution so that you could make out the detail better.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

i love your land routes and how they're connected with the dots -- love your fonts, too, and is it a weird compliment to tell you that your tree placement is great? it is!

Thank you! This is just a portion of my larger map (an early version is in my gallery), where I placed each tree by hand... er finger (forests of a thousand clicks).

good map and style, im looking fo one with boundaries of territories for a warhammer 40k campaign map. i love this feel and sooooooooooo close though i will use it some time in the future, just not what im looking for right right right now lol