Thread: The Land od Moriayn - Looking for feedback

Map The Land od Moriayn - Looking for feedback

Hi!

First post here.

I am new to creating maps and wanted to get some feedback on my first attempt. This map is based on a fantasy story that I am writing. I will tell you that I struggled with the river ALOT.

Any feedback is welcomed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map update3.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	884.9 KB 
ID:	93940

I think it's terrific work, especially for first go! I like the texture and artistry. The rivers don't necessarily make sense geographically (please bear in mind I'm new to CG - take any comments with the appropriate dose of salt!) as rivers would likely be more twisting over hundreds of kilometers. Also, they would flow from source to lowland or seas, and it's not likely a large lake would give rise to three different outflows.
    Perhaps you could have a southern river flowing independently from the highlands, and then a river flowing into the lake from a mountain?
    Great work!
    -Eric

It's high quality and I really like the mellow pastel color scheme. Vaxfiend's got a point about the river. I hope we don't come across as geo-nazis by mentioning it.
    "Realistically" two of those rivers should start in uplands and end in the lake, rather than starting at the lake and ending in the sea.

On the other hand why not just come up with a bit of lore about Moriayn that explains why what you drew is perfectly right and correct. I'd rather see you do that than have to change what already looks good. That's what I'm doing for my map to explain its too-rough coastline and excessive amounts of islands.

I really appreciate the feedback. I am in the process of redoing the river. To be honest, I do my best work with tough criticism. I will post an updated version soon.