Thread: Faljüdax - Oynin Gilt Gridašiasi

Default Faljüdax - Oynin Gilt Gridašiasi

Meh... Rather disappointed about the outcome of this one. I had no patience or will left at the end. Sorry for repeating textures at some places. This planet is mostly snowy, barren, and cold.

Full size:
    http://www.deviantart.com/download/3...xa-d53woxt.jpg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f0ex1.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	180.6 KB 
ID:	47546
    Last edited by jaspertjie; 08-15-2012 at 06:06 AM.

I'm not disappointed :-) Another nice one. Why don't you post thumbnails here on the CG, even if the full-resolution originals are too big? A teaser of work of this quality will draw a lot of folks to see the whole map on Deviantart.

I agree with Jb, it's not a bad map at all. The repeating texture isn't all that apparent either. Nice job.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Wow, wonderful work there, was every mountain/tree sketched or where several samples copied and repeated?

Quote Originally Posted by jbgibson View Post
    I'm not disappointed :-) Another nice one. Why don't you post thumbnails here on the CG, even if the full-resolution originals are too big? A teaser of work of this quality will draw a lot of folks to see the whole map on Deviantart.
    Edited!

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    I agree with Jb, it's not a bad map at all. The repeating texture isn't all that apparent either. Nice job.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    I went out of my way and spent hours to place random trees between them to break the repeating texturing, and it has worked to some extent, yet not as much as I had liked.

Quote Originally Posted by smashedsaturn View Post
    Wow, wonderful work there, was every mountain/tree sketched or where several samples copied and repeated?
    They are mostly repeated with the exception of a few.

Thank you all for the compliments!
    Last edited by jaspertjie; 08-15-2012 at 09:09 AM.