Thread: August 2012 Entry: Margravate Ravenshire Prison

Default August 2012 Entry: Margravate Ravenshire Prison

My entry for this month's challange. The small prison of the margravate Ravenshire. Originally built as a castle it has been repurposed by margraves of the past to hold noble prisoners of war usually until their ransom is paid. But it is not unkown for the margraves to have contenders to their title disapear within its walls.

Rather more minimalistic than my usual maps. Anyway, still hope you like it. Not quite finished yet. Not sure I'll keep the "doors" as they are. Might remove those entirely.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MargravateRavenshirePrison.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	369.3 KB 
ID:	47519
    Last edited by Kearnaun; 08-13-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Pryme8's Avatar

I love the design, reminds me of a icon for something... I feel like if you go hard enough for this, you could include a "symbol" that represents the prison itself that would consist of the star shape you got going!

Reminds you of an icon? Hmmm, true maybe something Star Wars? Or something Star Gate? Not quite sure myself. Anyway, I like the idea of a symbol or badge. Added a first attempt at one to the map. The text included is a google german to latin translation. Not sure it really makes sense as I sadly never learned the language.

Removed the grey "doors". Looks better like that I think. Added some more walls in the outlying bastions. Will try to add some stairs there, once I figure out how to best do that.

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	MargravateRavenshirePrison1.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	439.5 KB 
ID:	47527

Looks sharp. Is the scale bar accurate? If so, is this a prison intended to secure a single prisoner? (Which would actually be a neat idea).

Well, maybe not a single prisoner, but a very low number of "valuable" prisoners. Anyway, added a first attempt at stairs.

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	MargravateRavenshirePrison2.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	519.7 KB 
ID:	47555