Thread: Al-Qadim ("Nine Flawed Sapphires")

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Al-Qadim ("Nine Flawed Sapphires")

This is a map derived from the "Nine Flawed Sapphires" adventure provided in the "A Dozen and One Adventures" Sourcebook (by Steven Kurtz). I tried to remain true to the original but made several modifications. The story is that this complex is serves as a warehouse/production center/hideout for someone who is illegally distributing wine (alcohol is illegal in the Al-Qadim world). The hideout is hidden behind "Sakina Falls" and can be accessed by uttering the magic words which shift the waterfall to the left. The entire place is magically illuminated (hence the reason why you will find no torches).

Made with CC3 - Most objects can be found in the CSUAC or on the Dunjinni Forums - Special recognition for Bogie's waterfall objects which can be found here... http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/foru...273&PN=0&TPN=2

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sakina Falls Complex_v5.JPG 
Views:	458 
Size:	444.0 KB 
ID:	47537
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Excellent map! Any chance of getting a larger / higher resolution version without the Number Labels?

Thanks for the credit on the waterfalls, but I can't take full credit as I didn't make the original art, I just put them together to make the waterfall itself. I believe that Cisticola made the waves and Dragonwolf made the foam. I'm not sure who made the small waterfall cover.

Anyway, Great Job!

Never tried this before - but I believe that this is a 600 dpi version of the map. Took out all the labels (on the map and in the key). Enjoy.

Name:	Sakina Falls Complex_v6.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	3.59 MB 
ID:	47540

Here's one at 300 dpi.

Name:	Sakina Falls Complex_v5.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	47556
    Last edited by anomiecoalition; 08-15-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: added 300 dpi version

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Lovely work!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Adept Facebook Connected

Very nice! Goood job!

Excellent. The new version is much cleaner and more usable!

This is a large encounter map I made to deal with the PCs trying to get into the complex. (The waterfall will be covering the entrance and they will most likely need to ambush someone coming out of the complex to get in.) Made with CC3 - comments, suggestions, and criticisms are always appreciated.

Name:	Sakina Canyon.JPG 
Views:	283 
Size:	851.8 KB 
ID:	47978

*I should actually mention that I originally intended to create a larger area map and then a smaller encounter map...but got lazy half way through working on it. I imagine I will need to split this up into several sheets of paper to use it at 1 square = 5'.