Thread: July/Aug 2012 Lite Challenge Entry: Bargon's Harbor

Default July/Aug 2012 Lite Challenge Entry: Bargon's Harbor

Here is my entry to this month lite challenge. My original ideia was to make a city map in perspective, drawing by hand and then scanning, but it needed too much time to get finished and I wouldnt be able to finish in time, thats why I went for this simple style. The image given was allowed to be used at any scale so I used it as a small hemisphere world map at the bottom, representing where the city is located.

The city is the most important port, the southest area is actually another city (it was supposed to be the same city but the lack of time made me use it as another big port), they are like "twin" cities. It is used a special (and very expensive) ship service to cross the water between them. At Bargon's Harbor is located the great school of navigation, and the great school of sciences (math, biology, physics and medicine).

This is not the final version, I just need to add name of places and some details. Btw, the map is part of a huge book concerning about all the important cities on the continent, thats why you can see the "53" and "54" on the image. Hope you like it,

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map Lite challenge1.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	47541

Ooh, this looks promising! Look forward to seeing the next update.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I love the sheer amount of housing here, the crammed streets under the walls and the sweeping boulevards. It would be nice to see this finished, even if it means work after the deadline.

Quite strange seeing a city map covering an area I was was toying with for my entry when that concept would've had the same area (roughly) covering about 200 miles from north to south. The Straits of Oran, separating Marandia from Given and the Coast of Skulls. Maybe I'll do that anyway, just for the craic.
    Tigon Ologdring
    Worldbuilder, Shieldsmith and Bannerman of Midnight

This looks so detailed. A pity there's not enough time to finish it.

I think I'm inspired to try my hand at a city map.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

This is lovely. Though unless I'm missing something, it's either a very small globe or two huge cities. Either way I love the book style.

Thank you guys,

I may finish it the way it is suposed to be if I find some time after the dead line. Quiet strange indeed Tigon, I don't know about you but I got inspired by Istambul to make a map with one (now two) cities on a strait

I forgot to say it before, the map style was inspired on Radigast city (by Luck I guess), amazing map that one.

Anyway, here is the last update I'm able to do till tonight. Added the information about specific buildings and areas of the city. Added zoom-in vision of the area where the city is and it's province, where are located the farms (for both of them). Added name of the strait, ocean and river, also the name of the book and writer. Hope you like it even if it is unfinished (but finished for the voting ).

### Winner ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bargons Harbor.jpg 
Views:	1382 
Size:	4.02 MB 
ID:	47560

Oh, vorropohaiah well noticed, I almost forgot to write this, the world does is very small, it is actually a moon (just like Endor IV from Star Wars). The "world" is formed by two continents, Lamra, the one you can see and Onara, by the "other side".

A last thank you to arsheesh for his globe tranform tutorial, very useful
    Last edited by ChickPea; 08-30-2018 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Added Winner tag