Thread: Ice "texture"

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Wip Ice "texture"

Heya all.
    This is my first map so be gentle =)

I am working on this map for a fantasy campaign I am working on and I have run in to a bit of a snag.

I would like to indicate permanent ice and snow in th the northern parts of the continent, north of the mountains but I am unsure how.
    When the base map is done, I will colour it up (or tone it, rather) and that might help but I would still love some assistance with ice-floes in the water and ice shelves and rifts/chasms in the land itself. The northern part needs more waterways but I am loathe to put them in before I have resolved my "ice problem".

I have used many tricks and brushes from this forum and I hope you can help me once again =)

::EDIT:: Memo to me: Remember to actually include picture.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	empty.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	807.8 KB 
ID:	47617
    Last edited by Silverwing; 08-18-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Not bad for a first map.. There is a texture site you would enjoy called cgtextures.com They have ice textures

Thanks, I'll check it out now =)

While I found a lot of nifty textures and some inspiration, the site mentioned didn't have exactly what I needed. I feel I may have explained it poorly in the first post, so here I go again =)

I am looking for brushes like those used for trees, mountains and hills, like those seen in Giddes fantastic tutorial (here). I am really only missing swamp and ice. I have looked around for inspiration but I have yet to find anything or to be able to draw anything of the same quality.

Hope that clears things up. I apologize for mis-labeling the thread, I was not sufficiently careful with my nomenclature.