Hi, I'm Neurowiz - the guy who apparently skipped right past the introductions and jumped straight into "WTHamIdoing" kinda questions.

I have always, always, wanted to draw. I'm terrible at it. Give me a pen and paper and I can whip out a story, but drawing, I end up looking like a 3rd grader in an earthquake. My stick figures pull themselves off the page and run away in shame.

But I love to try anyway, and as a young lad (heh, I sound so old saying 'lad') I found that some of the best parts of D&D were making maps of twisty passages... many alike.

I tried Dunjinni back in '04/'05, dropped it for awhile, and now that I'm getting back into gaming, and on Linux, I wanted to try my hand at mapping. So here I am, courtesy of Butch Curry who directed me here (his videos are to blame. Yes. All of them. My wife will be emailing him shortly...).

Thanks for the help so far and I look forward to getting good enough to participate in one of your contests. There is truly some magnificent work here and I hope to learn enough on my ancient GIMP installation to get half as good.

I currently use GIMP 2.2 on Ubuntu 6.10. I use a creaky mouse that I want to shoot, but justifying a tablet on top of the other stuff I'm collecting would be a task.

That's about it.. howdy!

Regards,
Neurowiz