Thread: hi im new at maping and i need some help with last touches

Help hi im new at maping and i need some help with last touches

i made this map but i need help making the regions and where climates are ect and where citys would be

heres blank map nothing on it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a world map3background.png 
Views:	222 
Size:	214.9 KB 
ID:	47606

and heres one with usa thing on it to think to understand size of land

Name:	a world map3backgroundd.png 
Views:	178 
Size:	229.0 KB 
ID:	47607

and heres one where i want starter town to be

Name:	a world map3backgrounddd.png 
Views:	176 
Size:	215.0 KB 
ID:	47608

i want it certain amount of lakes but not too much just enough for deserts to not be problem but rare if seen
    and i want lots of mountain area's to help divide regions and to form rivers but also leading to the lakes sometimes and still lot of land space. it still young world almost like roman times many of the towns are vastly apart

i want this world to be mainly themed magical and fantasy

so i basically want you to draw lines to help divide regions make some mountains and make some lakes and some hub city's and a few scattered out towns near each city. city's can just be a shape to know where they would go.you don't have to do detail u could do cartoon style the shape and i would be really greatfull if u did u godly map makers =] there don't have to be ton of towns or city's mostly just a few here and there per region.
    .please if if if u do please post pic in this forum topic so i can see them
    Last edited by movoss; 08-17-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

What you're asking for aren't final touches, they're critical parts of a map that vastly affect the outcome of your host world's civilizations. Regardless, I'd imagine that most people here would ask for a commission to do such things. It would be well worth your time and effort to place these features yourself. Not only will it be a great learning experience, but you would be more in tune with where things are in your world, giving you essential knowledge for your story, game, campaign, or whatever you plan to use the map for. Also, you should consider downloading and learning GIMP to create even better maps.

Quote Originally Posted by ccaccus View Post
    What you're asking for aren't final touches, they're critical parts of a map that vastly affect the outcome of your host world's civilizations. Regardless, I'd imagine that most people here would ask for a commission to do such things. It would be well worth your time and effort to place these features yourself. Not only will it be a great learning experience, but you would be more in tune with where things are in your world, giving you essential knowledge for your story, game, campaign, or whatever you plan to use the map for. Also, you should consider downloading and learning GIMP to create even better maps.

thank you i really didnt know what program to use ill try wat u said