Thread: Greetings

Default Greetings

Hi there. I've been playing tabletop RPGs for a long time. I've finally come to the realization that my improv skills are horribly lacking, but I still want to be involved. My hubby told me it'd be a great help to him if I learned to make maps. Sounds like fun to me! I'm going to poke around for beginner stuff, but if anyone has suggestions, please post! We are usually in the Forgotten Realms. Thanks!

I have Campaign Carto..and am absolutely lost. Any suggestions on tutorials?

best thing is to watch ALL of the youtube tutorials available. There is a set on overland mapping that introduces you to some of the basics, and then there is a bunch on dungeons which is really helpful to get to know what the program can do. The profantasy forum is also really helpful if you have questions. After that...just start mapping and posting what you come up with for comments/suggestions, etc.
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.