Thread: City of Brand. Kingdom of Birian

Map City of Brand. Kingdom of Birian

This is the (finally) completed map of the City of Brand. Here is the creation thread http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...-City-of-Brand

Brand is the capitol city of Birian, but not the largest city. It's port simply has not been big enough to sustain the growth of trade in the kingdom. However, it is still a major trade city with exotic goods coming from the lands to the south.

The city is also the center of the Royal Army of Birian, as well as several other major institutions of the kingdom. Brand is a relatively safe environment, though there is some crime and seedy elements particularly around the dock area. In addition, in recent months there as been an increasing number of disappearances as well as a few riots.

Something seems to be amiss in the city, and there is a rumor that some of the city leaders are trying to investigate the growing unrest, but are getting nowhere. They may be looking for help or information from the right people.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brand Final.jpg 
Views:	776 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	47618

Nice!

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Very nice although the only comment is that I'm not sure it's such a good idea to have the granaries outside the walls because during a siege, your enemy is sure to seize them which benefits them and is detrimental to you.

Nicely done Landorl, congratulations on finishing it!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Good observation Larb. The bonding house is the original granary, but a century of peace, and borders that now stretch many miles away from the city bring about a sense of security that may be a bit false at times.

Looking great! It has a feel of a place that has developed organically. The coliseum seems a little small in comparison to the buildings around it, but that's a really small crit - everything else works really well. I love the little back alleys you have in the centre of the map in particular.