Thread: Hello from a me-dem'er

Post Hello from a me-dem'er

Hi all, my name is Scott, also known as SeerBlue at me-dem, I slipped over for a look on the advice of Redrobes a while back,and I am very glad I did, the work and atmosphere here is great.
    My main interest is Middle Earth, hence the "Hello from a me-dem'er", title, and all things maps and terrain.
    I have yet to come any where near the quality of work that is showcased here, but I think with the tutorials, examples, and advice, in a decade or two, I may.

Allied with my fanaticism for all the Middle Earth, I do a bit of dabbling with World Wind and Google Maps, the perfect display vehicles for large imagery and custom terrain, as well as alot of terrain apps. Here I hope to pick up the artistic touch that exemplifies the Guild.

SeerBlue

Welcome to the Guild SeerBlue! You'll be surprised how quickly your skills increase once you start going through the tutorials and such.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Welcome to the group.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Welcome SeerBlue. Great to have you here. I agree about the skills acceleration that this site offers. We also have plenty of ME freaks here. I'm one of them. Also you will notice that some of our members have been heavily influenced by Pete Fenlon's mapping style and have built their own variations of it. Enjoy yourself.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Welcome to the Guild! Your introducer, Redrobes has been magnificent in the amount of help he's given us on any number of subjects. I'm not sure if he's learned much from us though! lol!

Blog Entries

Greetings Seer

Isn't that all the MeDem folk her now except Oshyan who hasn't been seen for a while anywhere ?

We have some good demos coming out of MeDem in the last few months so if we get our act together then perhaps we can get some renders out. Always seems like one more hurdle to surmount tho but it does feel tangibly close now.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    ...I'm not sure if he's learned much from us though! lol!
    You gotta be kidding ! I have spent a little time faffing with Gimp, installed Inkscape the other day, seen what PS can do etc loads... but i'm a programmer really and its in the artistic areas that I get the most kick. I marvel at the ability of some maps here. I couldn't do it not with a years practice.

Thanks All, I have already seen a change in the way I think "map", as the variety of styles has opened my eyes a lot. From apps for creation to point of view.
    I too have installed inkscape, though right now my 3 year old fellow artist and cartographer, Lena Marie, is the one giving it a work out.

I have also given a go at using MS Expression Design, part of the Expression Suite, as it does vectors,
    Did you know that if You, or your child, is a an accredited student you can get Expression for free... my 13 year old is accredited through a Special Needs program for educational software, and is now working on her own site with my help, the whole sign up and download took about half an hour.

I think you are right Redrobes,the me-dem core of Monks, Arandil, and us is here now, and I did notice su_liam recently joined me-dem.

SeerBlue