After some consideration I have decided to finish my map of Wanenjo that was my entry for the July/August 2012 Lite Challenge. link

Combined with it is my first attempt at a city map (only in the planning stages so far). I decided I'd try and map the Wanenjan capital Henterra.

I have yet to decide whether or not I will stick with the limited colour palette for the finished product. Either way I will try and use the same colours for each map.

After the challenge had closed I was looking over my map and realised that the scale I had was...problematic. I didn't want to redo my grid, so I re-scaled the entire planet. It now has a circumference of 76,926km (almost twice earth's). This leads to a distance of 35.614km per 10min arc.

Scale is my biggest issue with the city map. I'm going with 200x zoom increase on the Wanenjo map. This gives me a map of 3.72km at 5000 pixels. I think I will have to change the size as currently it is 1m = 1.34 pixels (which is okay in vector but not raster).

Regarding scale. Should city features like walls, roads and bridges be shown to scale (width wise)?

Wanenjo
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wanenjo 011.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	3.07 MB 
ID:	47654

Henterra
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Henterra - 002.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	47655