I've been working on this map probably since I decided on creating my own fantasy realm, the great Kingdom of Cardighna and the many nations surrounding it in the south of a big continent.

This map has gone through so many changes in artstyle and terrain already (there was one mostly in the style of ZombieNirvana's infamous tutorial maps, one supposed to look like stone reliefs and the current one, intended to look like an aged print on paper), yet still I'm just not happy with it.

Mostly since the "printed" part just doesn't really show itself and because I am still not completely convinced by using brushes for the different locations. I'm pretty much struggling to combine a rather political map (different nations, borders, ect.) and a topological one while keeping some old feel to it - though atm I am pondering scratching that last point.

Anyways, enough of my blabbering for now, I'd like to read your opinions on this matter. What do you think of this incomplete map and what advise could you give me? :3

The map in question: *click*