Thread: Garden of Graves repost

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Garden of Graves repost

This is a repost of a thread I originally started in Building/Structure mapping, but then realized that should go under this category. All my maps are made to be imported into Maptool for our weekly games.

These maps are for the first chapter of the Tomb of Horrors campaign. The response was great for my Castle Ravenloft maps so I thought I would throw this up for whomever may find it useful. I chose to only run this first chapter so it is all I have maps for at this date. I waited until after we completed the adventure before posting so that I could find the mistakes that I would inevitably make as well as fend off my players' urge to see my final work.

I use Campaign Cartographer 3 and this map has made it a bit grumpy. The original maps for the campaign that had mistakes was divided into quarters so that it would import to maptools more easily. It was produced on my 9 year old computer (P4 3.0 Ghz) and rendering even the original maps took way too long and tended to crash the program. Something in the northeast quadrant made it so that I had to further quarter that section to get it done. I have since got a wonderful new system which makes rendering a very quick chore and I was able to get the whole map into one file with the three other maps being for effects (removable cliff top for first encounter) and alternate rooms for the 'shifting' area. I then tried to quarter it again to get cleaner versions for those that would want them but then the program started acting up towards this map again and would crash when I tried to do further saves. So unfortunately, until I work out the kinks with this map, this is the best I can do for now. But this didn't come out too bad. There is slight pixelation when blown up to use for miniatures on maptool, but not too distracting. The original file of the complex was 25 m which irfanview brought down to the present meg and a half.

This is a weird map. It took a long time to find the right 'feel' for what the author was after, but I think it works. I am not proud of the final 'contraption' but, not being an artist it was the best I could come up with for a rather Lovecraft-ian description. Feel free to cut in something more to your liking.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Garden of Graves 6000 reduced.jpg 
Views:	953 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	47695 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CC - Garden of Graves - Mountain Cap Reduced.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	506.0 KB 
ID:	47692 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CC - Garden of Graves 23c.JPG 
Views:	306 
Size:	260.8 KB 
ID:	47693 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CC - Garden of Graves 23b.JPG 
Views:	446 
Size:	281.9 KB 
ID:	47694
    Last edited by Shindig; 08-24-2012 at 11:59 AM.