Thread: Story Realms

Default Story Realms

Hi all, I'm kind of 'down-under' at the moment but I've been spending my time on a board for a game.

I know there's many members who (want to) play an RPG with their kids and I really think this game is awesome for that (ok, I'm a bit biased . As a GM I always tried to keep rules loose and throw in fun/weird objects just to see how creative the party would handle. This resulted in the most memorable / fun RPG nights. In my opinion Story Realms creates the perfect setting for this playstyle.

Anyway... what about the map. I'm creating the 22x22 inch board with a loads of details visualizing the world of Storm Hollow where the action takes place. Below you can find a WIP sample of the board (just a small piece of the board). There's more on Boardgame Geek. If you want to read more about the game you can check the following links.
    - Boardgame Geek
    - Escapade Games
    - Little Metal Dog Podcast

Soon they will launch a Kickstarter and I'll post an update. I really hope this gets funded as the team developing this is SO passionate about the game, it makes working with them a real treat.

cheers, DJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic1394516_md.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	47709  

That is a beautiful map. Your choice of colors and the way you rendered it is great. Looking forward to hearing about the kickstarter.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected HQCosTheta's Avatar

So pro, dude!

Thanks guys! Must say that the art director (Dann May) is a blessing to work with, as he really helped shape the map. I just learned the kickstarter has launched It all looks so great, I'm really proud to be part of this. Possibly later I can post more details on the board/map, but for know you can check out Story Realms at Kickstarter. cheers! DJ

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Its stunning, again and again, your maps inspires me.