Thread: May Entry: No Frills Dungeon

Post May Entry: No Frills Dungeon

hey folks--

just finished this one up, trying to get under 75k is tough. i wanted to go for a lot of rooms, with a minimalist style, black and white. this is at 150 dpi, which is the highest i could go for without going over the limit. i wanted to add some shadows to the rooms, you know, sort of "gussy" it up. but i decided to just go with the basics and see how it went. i've done a few online games before and you don't need all the color when just a dungeon map will do.

anyway, haven't been here in a while but i just wanted to throw my hat in the ring after being out of the challenges for a couple of months. good luck to all!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	contest entry may.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	3482  

Post You may want to rescale that, TM

You may want to rescale that TM - since RPGTonight VTT displays maps at no more than 50 dpi - which means you could possible extend the area of your map to include a larger area, and still fit the under 75 KB limit.

150 dpi is too high. If you lower the resolution to 50 ppi, you might be able to add more detail to still achieve your file size limit.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-10-2008 at 02:35 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

In general monitors display data at 72dpi. That should be the target for any VTT.

I'm curious why RPGtonight uses "no more than 50dpi" ? The screen must shrink them.

Sigurd

I smell the dpi vs. ppi discussion starting up again.

Monitors use dot pitch not dpi.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.