Thread: Fantasy Novel Map

Guild Applicant

Default Fantasy Novel Map

Project:
    A single-country map for my fantasy novel. Below is a hand-drawn image (the extent of my artistic skills, I'm afraid) of the basic layout.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scan0004.jpg 
Views:	541 
Size:	471.6 KB 
ID:	47766
    I used France as a loose model for this country so far as climate and vegetation is concerned, so much of the landmass would be green.

Style:
    I came across the below image while casually browsing the net and liked the style, but I remain very open to ideas. As long the map is in full color and accurately keeps to the positioning of the cities, lakes, and mountains, I'm not going to be hard to please.
    http://antimirov.net/portfolio/fantasy_map

Technical:
    This map will be included in digital and print versions of the book, so I'll require jpeg format. The print version will be 6x9.
    As for the scale of the map...well, I'm even worse with numbers than I am at drawing. I can tell you how may days it would take to get from one city to another on horseback, and that's about it.

Copyright:
    I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.
    I will be happy to include cartographer's name in the front matter of both versions of the book.

Deadline:
    About four weeks. I plan to publish the end of September.

Payment:
    $100.00 via Paypal

Extra
    This map is required for the first volume of a series. In following installments, more of the world will be explored and need to be depicted, so I would ask of anyone interested that they remain open to future projects that would expand upon their work on this map.

This is my first post , so I can't receive pms as of yet.
    Please reply via this thread or at pkreynolds7atgmaildotcom will an example of your work.
    Last edited by RobA; 08-26-2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Uploaded image replaced with link to original artist's website

Guild Applicant

This job has been taken.