Thread: Bookdust, VERY, Amateur Cartographer!

Post Bookdust, VERY, Amateur Cartographer!

Hi all, I'm Bookdust, I'm 24 and I've been drawing worlds in notebooks and sketchpads off and on for as long as I can remember. I'm a bit of a worldbuilder/writer so visualizing the places I was coming up with in my head really helped with the brainstorming. I've also become a player of Tabletop Roleplaying recently, so map making has become all the more useful to me.

Anyways I'm currently planning an RPG campaign and was looking around on Gnome Stew for some GMing tips when I found Tom Puketza's article on Petri Dish Sandboxes, in which he linked to this fine looking site (really digging the brown), I'm hoping that I'm able to learn some thing from you talented folks to further my own cartography skills and maybe show off some of my meager chops.
    Last edited by Bookdust; 08-29-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Welcome to the Guild Bookdust. You'll find that this is a really friendly community, eager to help new mapmakers produce some great maps. Have a look at the tutorial section and if you're really confused the quick start guide to mapping which is a sticky there. That should help to get you on your way. Welcome to our world and hope you stay and contribute!