Thread: Jackal House Guild Hall, on the Coast.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Pryme8's Avatar

Default Jackal House Guild Hall, on the Coast.

Using my building I made that you can grab off of bogies thread, in the resource center...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jeckelhouse3.png 
Views:	238 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	47851

Aprox. 1 hour if you dont include the prior building designing...

You are making some beautiful maps Pryme8. This particular one might be a little too small in scale for successful use as an encounter map for most gaming (ie it would need to be 2X the size). The overall composition is excellent, the map's colour scheme is superb and looks really natural, the transition between sea and sand is really well done, and I LOVE your shadow. Almost the best map ever - just the wrong scale for use as an encounter map for me.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected anstett's Avatar

Really well done. As JT mentioned if there were more space around the building for an outdoor encounter it would make a great tactical map as well as setting a great mood.

"We trudged to the shoreline of the windswept lake to find a large stone building. We stepped up upon the wide porch to see large open windows at the far end of the hall open to the breeze coming in off of the lake. The scent of rain filled the air as the clouds scuttled across the horizon."

BOB
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.dragonslayers-society.org

thank you very much! I think I am actually gonna stop posting my maps on here for a while because I think im going to take the step and do a whole map book, with a world map a few city maps a handful of encounters and some building interior Overlays.

That looks great, I love this kind of texture layering to get a downshot photographed look. Mind me asking how you sort your textures? Or make them? Not looking for a tutorial or anything, I'm just wondering in general

http://www.cgtextures.com/ grab what you can, and think proportions and scale of the texture before you set it down, and make sure to layer them... also keep in mind before you make it a pattern to make sure the imaginary lines in the texture are running in the direction that you want!

also if you need to just past a section of the texture where you want it, re-size and scale then erase what is not needed!

Ah thanks, I've used them before when I did texture work. I even used them on a map a while ago, but I had kind of forgotten them. Anyway, you put them to good use.

Looking great Pryme! I think it's time you got another bar of rep.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh