Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yonderdell Vilage

Default Yonderdell Vilage

A tiny full-page village I made for an adventure of www.runamokgames.com

Doin interesting tiny villages is dificult, specially if the topography is so simple. I tried to add a little flavow with the tiny cliff at the town center and by doing all buildings as different (as as realistic fitting for a tiny-sized village) as possible.

I think the map could have used a bit of a higher contrast on the colors and a lot more work on the graphic part, which ended up pretty plain.

Anyway, a bit of self criticism. I hope you like it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01a Yonderdell Town Map.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	47863  

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Pryme8's Avatar

why did you chose to use brown line for it all? just out of curiosity! I love the look of this though! make more!

Really nice map, I like it a lot!
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

I was wondering where you had gone, Hugo. I really like the variety of roof types you have in this to give it more interest. As always I love your hand drawn work and I think for towns and villages, hand drawn really makes a huge difference. Rep coming!

Welcome back Hugo, that is a great village!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I'm a fan of hand-made artwork and I always use pencil over digital inking. Most of the time I turn my pencil lines into sepia so that they look sort of old-style parchment illos.

I got too busy wt artwork, but I sure missed the Guild

I a few maps on the inbox for september thou most likely won't be able to publish those for a while (the sad part about professional artwork).

Anyways, glad to be back and glad that you still remember me guys!

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I was wondering where you had gone, Hugo. I really like the variety of roof types you have in this to give it more interest. As always I love your hand drawn work and I think for towns and villages, hand drawn really makes a huge difference. Rep coming!
    think a roof can say a lot about the interior of the building, and given that this was a tiny village, I tried to ad as much detail as possible to it. It's always nice for the adventurers and game master using the map to be able to tell were's a porch, a stone wall/roof or any other kind of entry point -other than a door, to a building. Adventurers are prone to go bashing into buildings

Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

Really great looking map *thumbs up*

Guild Novice Facebook Connected HQCosTheta's Avatar

That's the nicest little village map I have ever seen. It's nice to see that the hand drawn stuff is still relevant. I have been trying to teach myself computer graphics for a while but I think you have inspired me to go back to my pencils...or - at least - a hybrid approach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast