Thread: First Hand Drawn encounter...

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Pryme8's Avatar

Map First Hand Drawn encounter...

After trying this method out, I have decided I will stick with developing hand drawn map elements, as I feel its the most diverse of fantasy topography...

things I need to work on, is learning new stroke motions for different representations of things, and then start looking at doing more detail work and defining my contrast more!

I think from now on I will also not use textures, unless necessary and for most ground cover I will do layers of color with the suggestions of shadow.

Stay tuned for more, I love this crap...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ENCOUNTER2.png 
Views:	179 
Size:	4.33 MB 
ID:	47869

Guild Apprentice

Looks great Pryme8! I'm always a huge fan of grid maps for my games as well. Are you using Photoshop? I get pretty good results by separating the color and outline layers, and then increasing the transparency of the outline layer. It helps to reduce contrast a bit. Also, nice work on the grid itself, sometimes the grid lines are way too dark and take away from the map, not so in this one. Love it!

Hey that turned out fairly nice. I agree though that avoiding textures would be best for this type of map. Also, the color of the trees seems a bit to bright, and not quite brown enough, given the color of the grass. Still, nice job.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Very nice.