Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What things should NOT be on a VTT map?

We use a mix of maps:

Overview (classic stained parchment or a slice of a modern globe depending on setting) to show where the party is generally.
    Detailed combat maps for, well, combat!

For overview maps, throw everything on the map you'd expect to see on an actual map.

For combat maps, make it more immersive using the suggestions already given.
    Last edited by Naryt; 05-12-2008 at 12:24 PM.
    Innkeeper at the Darkwood Inn. The Foul Punster of the Cartographers' Guild!

Better role playing than dragon slaying!

Guild Journeyer

Question How about regular doors?

We've talked about secret doors, how about regular doors?

Thanks,
    -meleeguy

Hehe, just replied on your other thread, but it is worth mentioning here as well. Doors can be included as part of the base map. There is a minority of GMs that like to have them as separate objects so that they can actually rotate them "open" when the PCs state that they are opening the door but if you aren't going to offer a "door stamp" then I wouldn't worry about it and just put them in.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    What about dead bodies?

-Rob A>
    What about them? Unless they are going to animate and attack the PCs or disappear from the location they are in, or be moved about they can be made part of the base map.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    What about them? Unless they are going to animate and attack the PCs or disappear from the location they are in, or be moved about they can be made part of the base map.
    I ask because I ran a small dungeon where half the corpses were zombies and half were not... I left them all off.

-Rob A>

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I'd generally have dead bodies added to the map separately. I know my players have a distressing habit of using them as improvised weapons, barricades or (on one memorable occasion) food.

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    I ask because I ran a small dungeon where half the corpses were zombies and half were not... I left them all off.

-Rob A>
    That sounds like a fun dungeon and the right way to go with the dead bodies for the VT.
    Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    I'd generally have dead bodies added to the map separately. I know my players have a distressing habit of using them as improvised weapons, barricades or (on one memorable occasion) food.
    and eww... and

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12