Thread: The Gimp on a Mac - apparantly...

Blog Entries

Default The Gimp on a Mac - apparantly...

Dont ask me - I dont do Mac's but this is just in...

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/08/29/...-for-mac-os-x/

Wow...how do you put up with the jack wagon idiots? I read through the comments and more was bewailed over the acronym "Gimp" than anything else.

I think it's cool Gimp is doing so well.

An artist can draw with a chunk of burnt wood so who cares about the name. I kind of like the word "Gimp" because well, when I mop the floor with you using it how much sweeter is that? And if I don't well, "hey, I'm just using Gimp to do all this." LOL what a bunch of whiners.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    what a bunch of whiners.
    Now, now. Those aren't "whiners." Those are "Apple Enthusiasts."

Heh, I guess they should have put an "i" in front of Gimp then
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Are "Community Leaders" supposed to make fun of parts of their community?
    I am sure that there are some more mac users among the cartographers guild, aren't there? And some people will use Gimp, because the price tag for PS is steep.

But then I am a total newbie here. Maybe I don't understand how things work here. I just assumed that the result of one's cartographing efforts are essential, not the choice od tool.

The linked news page contains some very interesting news for apple users using Gimp. The former look and feel of Gimp on Mac REALLY was somewhat awkward. The new release seems to address this shortcoming. So fine news for mac users and an ignorable fact for all windows/ photoshop users, isn't it?

Cheers,
    G.
    Last edited by Guennarr; 09-09-2012 at 07:01 AM.

Guennarr, I also use GIMP on my apple mac, and am delighted at this news.

I don't think the 'community leaders' are making fun of us - instead they are making fun of some of the the bizarre comments on the thread that Redrobes linked to. They are teasing people that refuse to use gimp due only to its name, which is fair enough.

Yeah, anyone that refuses to use a FREE, let me repeat, FREE product because they don't like the name is a fool regardless of what platform they prefer and Adobe will be laughing all the way to the bank at their expense - and quite a major one it is at that! Stick it to the dim-wits I say!

I'm using Ps CS4 only because my son bought it when he was doing a graphic design course so I didn't have to pay for it, otherwise I'd be using GIMP no doubt.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps