Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small test village

Thanks Katto. The building on the far left is 1 cm wide. I'm happy (but a little surprised) at the warm comments it's received - Seraphim is right the colour does mask the lines some, perhaps I should have set the blend mode to Multiply or something so the colour would show through. Hand drawn buildings are so much faster to do than drawing them on the computer (and somehow I find the process more relaxing and engaging too) - it kind of connects more directly into my brain.

I'm working on a city that's all computer drawn at the moment (I think it's going to take months) and studying the landscape of the medieval town and village in England. I'm trying to approach this from a number of angles so I can pick up a pencil and actually draw a medieval type town which actually makes sense - anyway that is the hope.

Hey Rav what real life town is the inspiration for your city? so we can follow along when ya post up hint hint

This one was just made up, Vellum. I've already started on the city (it's in the Cities WIP section) and that's based on Montepulciano in Italy. It's a really beautiful place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12