Thread: Pryme Adventures : Vonigans Square (WIP)

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Pryme8's Avatar

Wip Pryme Adventures : Vonigans Square (WIP)

irst drawing for my adventure book I will be looking to get published...

Pryme Adventures: Vonigan's Square

Just gotta do a day and night version, make a label overlay to identify everything, then the insides of every-building then a few surrounding landscape's...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vonigansSquareoutline.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	47985
    this outline is the actual Vonigan's Square, I still need to make a top down version of it for encounters and I need to paint it, but i think ill get all the pages 100% drawn then ill paint them...

Im not going to ever post the finished version... but if you buy the book if and when it comes out, you will get to see it in all its colorfulness!

made some additions before bed, and starting color blocking...

Name:	crest.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	47987

Name:	crest2.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	47988
    Last edited by Pryme8; 09-02-2012 at 03:28 AM. Reason: did more...

Here are the updates... I will work on cleaning up a lot of the line work now... and then move on to the next pages outline... prolly a top down of the whole town, then the insides...

Name:	vonigansSquareoutline.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	47994

Here is the seconds page rough outline... this was not an easy conversion... o_O anyways, I still need to do the Key Section and all the Calligraphy.. stay tuned...

Name:	vonigansSquareoutlineTopDown.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	2.53 MB 
ID:	48017

Now to do the insides of the buildings, then prehaps look at doing some of the surrounding area, some scale tokens... yea seeing how no one has even replied to this yet i wont go on...

here is the first mock up for the Pick a Day in... I still got lots to go on it but its coming along...

Name:	pickadayinoverlay.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	48023

Think the whole concept of this project is great and really like how your planning on providing a comprehensive visual account of the whole area. The drawings are awesome and can't wait to see it painted up. The only part i'm not 100% sold on is the calligraphy because I find some of the letters are a little difficult to make out. (Of course, i'm sure part of that is just a function of my personal tastes...and i'm sure that it will still come together nice as a finished product) Keep 'em coming.
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

thanks for the input!, I am going to go over all the line work on all these again to smooth out all the lines and make things consistent! This will include the Calligraphy which I am a novice at...

Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

Usable town maps = epicsauce.

Actually in the process of designing my first dungeon adventure myself (with intent to sell) that my DnD FR group are going to be playing through at the end of the month. So best of luck with your project Pyrme8

yospeck contact me when you can Pryme8@gmail.com Id like to see what you have, because underneath the pick a day inn will be a "hidden" dungeon, maybe your design could fall right into place with mine? if not id still like to see what you have to inspire myself!